Rules and Equipment
Competition and Ranking Manual
The main equipment required to play boccia is a set of boccia balls, although bean bags or rolled up socks can be used as a substitute if a boccia set is not available. A set includes 13 balls (1 white, 6 red and 6 blue). Boccia balls are available in a variety of densities, from hard to super soft, so that athletes can choose the type that works best for them.
Some athletes may need additional equipment to meet their individual needs, including:
- Boccia Ramp (for individuals who aren’t able to throw or kick a ball)
- Head, mouth or arm pointer (for ramp users who need support to release the ball)
- Basket, tray, bag or other holder to keep balls within easy reach
- ‘Grabber’ tool to pick up balls
Additional helpful equipment
- Painter’s tape
- Measuring tape
- Red/blue colour indicator
- Bowling pins, flat hula hoops and other items to use as practice targets
For more information on boccia equipment and suppliers, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: This is not an official endorsement of any particular supplier